Le projet Oral History of Tibetan Studies, basé à l’Université de Oxford, recrute un/e assistant/e pour son projet.
Le contrat, prévu pour la période février-avril 2021, couvre circa 220 heures de travail dans le projet.
The Oral History of Tibetan Studies records and collects oral memories of those who have contributed to the establishment of Tibetan and Himalayan Studies as a recognised independent academic discipline. We collect oral memories of people of various roles and backgrounds who were influential in the spurring enthusiasm for Tibetan language, culture, and religion in the West, which then contributed to the emergence of Tibetan Studies. We focus on scholars and academics, Tibetan teachers and traditional scholars, artists, photographers, book publishers, sponsors, and various enthusiasts supporting Tibet.
We are looking for a project assistant to join our team for 12 weeks. Under the supervision of the project coordinators, you will review and process our video interview recordings (approx. 220 hours) to allow future editing and the production of indexes. Due to the nature of the project, knowledge of the field of Tibetan Studies is desirable.
The first aim of the project is to present this material on a website https://www.neverendingnow.de/ (to be transferred to an international Tibetan Studies website, as the IATS, soon). Currently, the project is sponsored by the John Fell Fund of the University of Oxford, and headed by Prof. Ulrike Roesler.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, standard computer skills
· Ability to troubleshoot problems and arrive at an appropriate solution
· Strong attention to detail, with the ability to organise data in a clear and organised fashion
· Ability to organise own work loads and take initiative as appropriate
Desirable Selection Criteria
· Previous experience working as a content manager, including experience with video editing
· Knowledge of the field of Tibetan Studies
The start date would be February 8th or as soon as possible thereafter.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 3rd. Please use the same email for any further information.