L’Université de Denver, Colorado cherche un “assistant professor” en études bouddhiques. Pour plus d’informations, voir l’annonce ci-dessous :
Assistant Professor, Buddhism/Buddhist Studies Job DescriptionThe Department of Religious Studies at the University of Denver (DU) is a vibrant department of eight productive, nationally recognized scholar-teachers who have attracted a growing cadre of undergraduate majors, double majors and graduate students in the Division of Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences (AHSS). Ours is a high-profile department in the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, a great private university dedicated to the public good. DU enrolls over 11,000 students in its undergraduate and graduate programs. The Carnegie Foundation classifies DU as a research university with high research activity. Our department offers BA and MA degrees in Religious Studies, and we are core contributors to the Joint Doctoral Program in the Study of Religion, which the University of Denver shares will the Iliff School of Theology.
The Department of Religious Studies invites applications for a newly funded, tenure-track position: Assistant Professor in Buddhism/Buddhist Studies, effective September 1, 2017. The successful candidate will teach five courses per year over three quarters (autumn, winter, spring). We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to our diversity and to the advancement of inclusive excellence through their teaching, research, and service. In addition to introductory courses on Buddhism, the ideal candidate should be able to offer courses that contextualize Buddhist tradition, experience and practice, including Buddhism in America, religions of Tibet, religions of China and Japan. The Department is particularly interested in candidates whose teaching and research focus on the intersections of race, ethnicity, class, gender, sexuality, and social location. We are committed to teaching engaged traditions courses that highlight lived religion and incorporate opportunities for the observational study of religion (e.g., multiple site visits). Most courses should be accessible and appealing to undergraduate students with little background in the subject, although some upper-divisional courses will be open to a mix of advanced undergraduate and entry-level MA students. Because this is a new, tenure-track line, the position affords an opportunity for considerable innovation and development. We shall encourage and welcome curricular changes that reflect the expertise and specialization of the successful candidate. The position is benefitted and the salary is competitive.
Please Note: The Department has a fulltime, tenure-track line in
Hinduism; we are not seeking a scholar of Hinduism.
* Teach five courses per year over three quarters (autumn, winter, spring).
* Teach courses fitting the analytical inquiry: society and culture component of the University’s core undergraduate curriculum.
* Teach departmental electives in the candidate’s area of
* Frame new courses to meet University and Departmental learning outcomes and assessment practices.
* Contribute to the Departments MA program and to the Joint Doctoral Program in the Study of Religion the University of Denver shares with the Iliff School of Theology, which includes teaching MA- and doctoral-only seminars, serving on MA and doctoral committees, and thesis/dissertation supervision.
* Mentor and advise students.
* Serve as a good citizen within the Department of Religious Studies, the University of Denver, and the community beyond.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work effectively with diverse
* Ability to offer courses that contextualize Buddhist tradition,
experience, and practice (e.g., Buddhism in American, religions of Tibet, religions of China and Japan, the intersections of race,
ethnicity, class, gender, sexuality, and social location).
* Strong commitment to both successful teaching and scholarship.
* Doctorate completed prior to appointment; ABD’s who have not scheduled a defense date should not apply.
* Proven record of successful teaching experience during and/or after ones graduate training.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs  to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. For questions related to the position, please contact: Alyssa Boltinghouse
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
* Letter of application (including a statement of areas of competency and interest)
* Curriculum vitae
* Teaching portfolio (teaching philosophy, teaching evaluations, sample syllabi, and any evidence of teacher training)
* Inclusive excellence statement
* Three letters of reference should be sent directly to Alyss
Boltinghouse at Alyssa.Boltinghouse@du.edu
NOTE: THE ONLINE SYSTEM IS LIMITED TO UPLOADING 5 FILES. PLEASE COMBINE
CONTENT IF NECESSARY TO GET ALL CONTENT UPLOADED.
Applicants should acquaint themselves with our priorities and
initiatives by visiting these websites:
inclusion/ and http://www.du.edu/cme/.
Applicants are requested to include in their cover letter and supporting materials information about how they will advance this commitment in their teaching. To avoid document upload limits, combine the teaching portfolio materials into one document to upload. We will begin considering applications in mid-October, 2016. Our hope is to schedule preliminary interviews with potential candidates at the Annual Meeting
of the American Academy of Religion in San Antonio, TX (November 19-22).
The position will remain open until filled.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans.
The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
ALL OFFERS OF EMPLOYMENT ARE BASED UPON SATISFACTORY COMPLETION OF A
CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK.
For the listing, please visit:
com/epostings/index.cfm? fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid= 1858&source=ONLINE&JobOwner= 993360&company_id=16973& version=1&byBusinessUnit=& bycountry=&bystate=&byRegion=& bylocation=&keywords=&byCat=& proximityCountry=&postalCode=& radiusDistance=&isKilometers=& tosearch=no&city=.
For more about the department, please visit: